There are two ways to make Mexican salsa, one with red ripe tomatoes and the other using tomatillo, (pronounced “toe-mah-TEE-yo”). This recipe with give you both options…
Tomatillo Salsa Verde Recipe
To cook the tomatillos, you can either roast them in the oven, or boil them, or just blend them raw! Roasting will you that nice roasted flavor; boiling or just having them raw is faster. I had tried all these methods and all taste great and works well!
- 1 1/2 lb tomatillos / optional red ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves / parsely if you don’t have cilantro available
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice – I use more, I like that lime taste!
- 1/2 – 1 tsp of cumin
- 2 Jalapeño peppers OR 2 serrano peppers, stemmed, seeded and chopped (you can use whole pepper for more heat)
- 2 garlic cloves (more if…
View original post 748 more words